Chemical Agents (Stand Alone)
This is the stand alone course for adding the qualification to carry tear gas/pepper spray. Enroll in this course only if you already hold a BSIS Guard Card and wish to add Tear Gas/Pepper Spray qualification.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be issued a Certificate of Training and Identification for carrying Tear Gas and Pepper Spray.
The student has 30-days to complete the coursework.
Online Course Completion
Certificates and forms:
- Certificate of Completion.
- Chemical Agents ID Response Form.
Must be completed and returned in order for us to print and mail Chemical Agents ID Card.
- Certificate of Completion is emailed after successful completion of course.
- Printed, hard plastic, Chemical Agents ID Card is mailed (US Postal) after reciept of Chemical Agents ID Response Form.
- Packets are emailed 2 business days (Monday - Friday) after successful course completion. Weekends and holidays are not business days.
- Understand a brief history of tear gas
- Understand the chemical properties of hand-held defensive sprays
- Understand the different types of hand-held defensive spray canisters and nozzles
- Understand the criminal and civil implications of deploying chemical agents
- Understand defensive spray decontamination procedures
- Understand the principles of proper deployment of hand-held defensive sprays
- Understand the limitations of hand-held defensive sprays
- Understand the proper maintenance, storage and disposal of hand-held defensive sprays
- Complete the Chemical Agents Final Exam with a 100% score in accordance with regulations.
- Tear Gas Use and Effects
- Pepper Spray Use and Effects
- Deploying Chemical Agents