2017 Annual BSIS Renewal/Refresher/Continuing Education Training (8-hours)
This course meets the BSIS continuing education requirement of an additional 8 hours annually pursuant to Business and Professions Code Section 7583.6(f) (1).
At the end of the course the student is provided with a Certificate of Completion in compliance with the appearance requirements stated in Title 16, California Code of Regulations, section 643 (b).
Updated for 2017.
The student has 30-days to complete the coursework.
Online Course Completion
Certificates and forms:
- Certificate of Completion.
- Emailed after successful completion of course.
- Packets are emailed 2 business days (Monday - Friday) after successful course completion. Weekends and holidays are not business days.
Lesson 1, Advanced Arrest, Search & SeizureObjectives:
- Understand the laws of arrest as they apply to private citizens
- Understand the appropriate use of force
- Understand the differences between detention and arrest
- Understand and define false imprisonment
- Understand and conduct appropriate searches and apply Merchant Privilege
- Understand and define seizure as it applies to private citizens
- Complete the Advanced Arrest, Search & Seizure Final Exam with a 100% score in accordance with regulations.
- Report Writing
- Observation and Patrol Techniques
- Asking Questions and Observing Suspects
Lesson 2, Handling Difficult PeopleObjectives:
- Summarize four specific reasons why consumers may become violent
- Identify personal reactions to confrontation
- Understand personal Risk Factors related to violent behavior
- Explain the Stress Model
- Discuss the Theoretical Models of Assault
- Understand how the working environment can affect behavior.
- Configure a safe working environment
- Complete the Handling Difficult People Final Exam with a 100% score in accordance with regulations.
- Communications and Conflict Management
- Recognizing and Responding to Pre-Attack Indicators
- The Tueller Principle
- Handling Difficult Personalities