2018 Annual BSIS Renewal/Refresher/Continuing Education Training (8-hours)
This course supports mobile devices.
This course meets the BSIS continuing education requirement of an additional 8 hours annually pursuant to Business and Professions Code Section 7583.6(f) (1).
At the end of the course the student is provided with a Certificate of Completion in compliance with the appearance requirements stated in Title 16, California Code of Regulations, section 643 (b).
Updated for 2018.
The student has 30-days to complete the coursework.
Online Course Completion
Certificates and forms:
- Certificate of Completion.
- Emailed after successful completion of course.
- Packets are emailed 2 business days (Monday - Friday) after successful course completion. Weekends and holidays are not business days.
Lesson 1, Public Relations (Community & Customer)Objectives:
- Recognize and avoid gender and racial harassment
- Recognize and avoid discrimination
- Understand and develop respect of others
- Apply appropriate verbal skills and crisis intervention
- Understand diversity
- Understand the implications of substance abuse and how they apply to workplace security
- Understand the code of ethics and proper code of conduct
- Present a professional appearance and presence
- Complete the Public Relations Final Exam with a 100% score in accordance with regulations.
- Discrimination and Sexual Harassment
- Verbal Skills and Crisis Intervention
- Substance Abuse
- Ethics and Professionalism
Lesson 2, Communication and its SignificanceObjectives:
- Understand the importance of effective internal and external communication
- Understand the importance of reading and understanding Post Orders
- Recognize the need for confidentiality of protocols and contact information
- Know the basic information to collect in an emergency
- Be able to make a direct and efficient call for assistance
- Understand the common types of communication systems
- Be able to effectively use common communication systems
- Complete the Communication and its Significance Final Exam with a 100% score in accordance with regulations.
- Internal Protocols
- External Protocols